I have three finals scheduled for the same day! How do I get them rescheduled?
If you have three or more final exams scheduled for the same day, you may request that your instructors reschedule one so that you have no more than two in one day. However, keep in mind that your instructors are not obligated to grant your request. According to Student Rule 8.4:
In those instances where a student is scheduled for three final examinations in one day, the student may request to reschedule one of the exams. The procedure and associated form for this request are available at the Undergraduate Studies web site. The student must initiate the request(s) no later than ten workdays before the first day of TAMU final exams. The same procedure, form and deadline applies to Blinn TEAM students and students enrolled in other co-enrollment programs where final examinations between institutions conflict.
What is the process for requesting rescheduling?
If you wish to request that your instructors reschedule a final exam, (Student Rule 8: Rescheduling a Final Exam) follow the steps below.
1. Ensure that you are making this request no later than ten work days before the first day of TAMU final exams.
2. Complete this form identifying the three course sections and scheduled exams that occur in one day.
3. Print out your class schedule and the final exam schedule.
4. Send a copy of this form and your class schedule to your instructors and work with them to reschedule one of the exams.
5. If none of the three instructors agree to reschedule or if you do not hear from them, contact your Dean’s delegate at least 5 business days before the first scheduled final exam, and include the following:
a. Copy of your class schedule and exam schedule
b. This form
c. Any communication or other information, if available, showing you asked all three instructors to reschedule
The Dean’s delegate will work with your faculty to reschedule one of the exams and contact you.
What if I need to reschedule for another reason besides having three or more finals in one day?
Rescheduling for any reason other than a three-in-one day conflict must to be worked out with your instructor.
What if I need to reschedule exams during the semester?
Student Rule 8.4 pertains only to final exam conflicts. If you have conflicts during the semester, you can speak to your instructors, but your best strategy is to plan your study time well. You can get help with that from an academic coach at the Academic Success Center.
How do I find the dean's delegate for my dean's office?
Search for the deans' delegate associated with your college by referencing this table. If you're still unsure, ask your academic advisor.
What if I need more help or information?
If you have questions about filling in the form, contact the Undergraduate Studies Ombuds, Dr. Lori Moore, at