POSITION CURRENTLY FILLED
IMPORTANT >> In your cover letter, please include a link to an online portfolio or the social media handles (e.g. @successtamu) for any accounts you have created content for.
What we believe:
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are:
The Office of Undergraduate Studies at Texas A&M University encompasses nine units that provide academic programs and services to undergraduate and graduate students. Our units include the Academic Success Center, University Writing Center, Math Learning Center, LAUNCH, Public Policy Internship Program, Transition Academic Programs, The Higher Education Center at McAllen, Center for Student-Athlete Services, and Education Abroad. While each unit serves a different target population of students, we all share the goal of enriching student learning and promoting student success.
What we want:
The Office of Undergraduate Studies is looking for a Student Technician in Social Media to serve as a member of the news/media team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring a positive attitude as well as willingness to experiment and a strong drive to always produce a high-quality product. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
- Drafts written content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Schedules content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize engagement
- Engages in social media presence creation by commenting on followers’ accounts and liking/following other relevant accounts.
- Works with media team to create dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Assists social media management with related projects and events
- Has an awareness of local campus news and events and ties that into social media posts when relevant.
- Collects analytics monthly and reports success of existing social media campaigns
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
• One year of experience posting social media content in a professional or volunteer setting
• Proficient with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Ability to work remotely if needed
• Must be available to work during the spring, summer, and fall semesters (not including breaks)
• Undergraduate students preferred
- To develop their ability to gather and interpret social media analytics.
- To gain experience working with a team of creative people.
- To improve their basic professional skills like communication, teamwork, and critical thinking.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.