Application closed until further notice
What we believe:
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are:
The Office of Undergraduate Studies at Texas A&M University encompasses nine units that provide academic programs and services to undergraduate and graduate students. Our units include the Academic Success Center, University Writing Center, Math Learning Center, LAUNCH, Public Policy Internship Program, Transition Academic Programs, The Higher Education Center at McAllen, Center for Student-Athlete Services, and Education Abroad. While each unit serves a different target population of students, we all share the goal of enriching student learning and promoting student success.
What we want:
The Office of Undergraduate Studies is looking for a Student Technician in Videography to serve as a member of the media team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring a positive attitude as well as willingness to experiment and a strong drive to always produce a high-quality product. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
- Working with a Communications Manager and media team to create the film or video product
- Plan video shoots by creating a shot list (often based on a script)
- Setting up and tearing down cameras, audio recorders, lighting, microphones, and props
- Preparing background film or “B” rolls as well as live feed
- Troubleshooting problems with the equipment while on site
- Interviewing people, filming activity at events during presentations on campus
- Editing raw footage to create a final video with a cohesive look, feel, and narrative
- Inserting closed captioning, graphics, or other on-screen text into a video
- Adding computer graphics and special effects to a video as needed
- Exporting final videos for use on social media and websites
- One year of experience working on video projects in a professional or student organization setting
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere
- Preferred experience with Adobe After Effects and some combination of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of video requirements for posting on social media platforms Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to work remotely if needed
- Must be available to work during the spring, summer, and fall semesters (not including breaks)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Undergraduate students preferred
Apply through Jobs for Aggies. Job ID: n/a
*Please include a link to your videography portfolio on your resume or cover letter